Tuesday 14 February 2012

And so it begins...

Today I sat down and started the "Pupillage Project" 2012.

I use the word "project" deliberately - for those of us without the fabled prize, achieving pupillage seems to take as much planning as the most complex of military campaigns.

The potential pitfalls are many, and fatal: not doing enough research; doing the wrong kind of research; appearing "too needy"; applying to wholly unsuitable sets... and many more which I'm sure I'll discover along the way.

All of this, by the way, before even considering the application forms and interviews themselves (which can be some of the most harrowing experiences of your life) and (of course) dumb luck.

Last year I failed, and I intend to post on what I think I got wrong. This year I hope to learn from those mistakes.

This blog will be about life as a baby-lawyer - stories from the bar course, from mini-pupillages, from qualifying sessions, from hours of writing applications and (hopefully) from interviews.

I desperately hope to give you a happy ending at the end of it all - wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment